The Tallahassee running community understands that holding a marathon downtown creates an added burden for those attending functions on marathon Sunday. We have tried our best to accommodate concerns from the community. Working with the Tallahassee Police Department, Florida State Police Department, and City of Tallahassee, the race directors have received proper approval to hold this event. While the race directors will do their best to inform the community of road closures and traffic issues, we do apologize for any inconvenience this causes and hope the community sees this event as a great way to showcase the wonderful city we live in.
Expected road closures or partial closures include the following:
- Monroe Street from Apalachee Pkwy to Tennessee Street - Approx. 6:45 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Thomasville Road from 7th Avenue to Calhoun Street - Approx. 7:30 a.m. to 8:40 a.m.
- Calhoun Street from Thomasville Road to Tennessee Street - Approx. 7:30 a.m. to 8:50 a.m.
- Franklin Blvd. - Approx. 7:40 to 9:10 a.m.
- Lafayette Street from Franklin Blvd. to Myers Park Drive - Approx. 7:50 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Madison Street from Copeland Street to Woodward Ave. - Approx. 8:20 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Woodward Ave. from Gaines Street to St. Augustine Street - Approx. 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.