The Tallahassee running community understands that holding a marathon downtown creates an added burden for those attending functions on marathon Sunday. We have tried our best to accommodate concerns from the community. Working with the Tallahassee Police Department, Florida State Police Department, and City of Tallahassee, the race directors have received proper approval to hold this event. While the race directors will do their best to inform the community of road closures and traffic issues, we do apologize for any inconvenience this causes and hope the community sees this event as a great way to showcase the wonderful city we live in.
Here is more information about specific road closures:
- Duval St. between W. Pensacola St. and W. College Avenue (2 blocks of Duval St by Kleman Plaza): This will be blocked the entire morning and early afternoon.
- E. Jefferson (only one block to the west of Monroe St.): Between 6:30-2:00pm, road will be closed.
- Monroe St. from Apalachee Pwky to Tennessee St.: Between 7-7:40 this road will be very limited and will be completely closed between 7:15 and 7:40.
- Intersection of Monroe St. and Tennessee St.: Between 7:30-7:40 this intersection will be closed for the runners to pass through.
- Glenview Dr. between Monroe St. and Thomasville Rd.: Between 7:30-8:00, road will be closed except for local traffic.
- Thomasville Rd going North from Monroe St. through Midtown: Between around 7:45-8:30, the north bound lane will be closed.
- Thomasville Rd going South from Glenview Dr. to Monroe St.: Between around 7:45-8:30, the south bound lane will be closed.
- E. Lafeyette St. between Myers Park Dr. and Suwannee St: Between 8:15-11, road will be closed except for local traffic.
Also, here is a map explaining the road closures downtown: